The City of Lathrup Village prides itself on its beautiful homes and neighborhoods. The following Codes work to ensure that our community will continue to uphold this longstanding tradition.
Around your Home
- Homes should be painted with no visible signs of peeling paint. Siding and trim must also be kept clean and free of peeling paint.
- Brick work should be free of broken bricks or mortar joints.
- Windows or screens that are broken, cracked or torn must be replaced.
- Roofs must be structurally sound free of worn or missing shingle and sagging roof lines.
- Garage Doors should be present and able to close securely.
- Porches must be even and structurally sound.
- Gutters and downspout must be maintained in complete and working condition.
In your Yard
- All Yards should be kept free of litter, junk, debris, and storage items.
- Fences should be made of vinyl, wood, or decorative iron and present a straight, even, and structurally sound appearance with no missing sections.
- Grass and landscaped areas should be mowed, trimmed, and kept free of weeds.
- Driveways must be free of major cracks and trip hazards. Broken sections must be repaired or replaced.
- Sidewalks must be kept free of obstacles, ice, and snow.
- Garbage cans should be stored out of public view unless it is between the hours of 4:00 pm the day before pick up and 6:00am the morning after pick up.
For your Vehicle
- Inoperable vehicles, such as those with missing parts or without current vehicle tags, are not permitted in any lots.
- Repairs on vehicles should be performed in garages and out of public view. Extensive, long term repairs should not be attempted.
- Stationary vehicles not intend for use should be kept in a garage or moved periodically.
- Parking is permitted on paved areas only. No vehicles are allowed on any grass or landscaped surface.
- Recreational vehicles and boats are allowed in a residential areas for up to 48 hours a week for loading and unloading.
- Trailers and campers meeting specific size requirements may be stored out of public view in a residential areas.