Snow and Ice Removal
A Lathrup Village City Ordinance requires property owners and occupants to clear snow and ice from sidewalks abutting their property as follows:
- Please remember that items placed near the road or in the right of way may obstruct the snow plows. In order to avoid damage to boulders, trash cans, landscaping, etc, remove these items from the right of way either for the season or as they are no longer in use.
- When snow stops falling during daylight hours, it must be cleared within 12 hours after the snowfall stops.
- When snow stops falling during the night, it must be cleared by 6 pm the following day.
- When ice forms on the sidewalk, it must be removed immediately if practical.
- If immediate ice removal is impractical, you must put sand or other material to prevent the sidewalk from becoming slippery and dangerous to pedestrians. The ice must then be removed at the earliest possible time.